google.com, pub-0409865497112903, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Finding something to celebrate, appreciate and be thankful for every...single... day !

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Pineapp-O-Lantern: A Tropic'alloween Treat


Who says you can only make a Jack-O-Lantern out of a pumpkin? 

Not me! 

Allow me to introduce you to a frightfully fun Halloween treat that makes a great presentation when serving a fruit plate, or fruit and cheese platter or even an awesome Halloween breakfast!

I'm calling it a Pineapp-O-Lantern: A Tropic'alloween Treat!



It's basically the same process as carving a Jack-O-Lantern, so I wont bore you with an in-depth how-to, but I will share some tips.

I went the traditional route - cutting the top to make the 'lid' of the Jack-O-Lantern and then scooping out the contents, but I'll definitely be doing things differently the next time I do this (see tips below).


A much more efficient way (and what I ended up doing about half way through digging and scooping pineapple) would be to make the 'lid' cut at the top, and also chop the bottom off the pineapple so you can approach it from both ends.

Then you'll only need to run the blade of your knife around the inside edge of both ends, hollowing out a cylinder and sliding it out. This will leave you with nice hollow shell for carving a face, as well as a nice neat tube of pineapple to core and slice for serving.

All that's left to do is carve a face, and pop in a battery operated tealight candle (I got my candles 2 per pack at Dollar Tree, batteries included and they even flicker like real flames!).


This project is great for bringing some whimsical Halloween fun to an unexpected place like a fruit platter, and I love that the pineapple top looks like spooky spiked hair!

EXTRA TIP: It's not just for Halloween! Change the facial features slightly and you could carve a tiki face into the pineapple for an awesome display for a luau or other tropical themed summer party!

Well hello there Mr Creepy Pinapp-O-Lantern face!

No comments:

Post a Comment